Last Updated: October 7th, 2019
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you apply for insurance, participate in any interactive features of the Online Services, fill out a form, apply for a job, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, credit card and other payment information, social security number or other identifying number, and any other information you choose to provide.
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use our Online Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Quote Information: You provide this on the quote forms on our website, through an agent or broker, by phone, or online. We may also obtain it from directories and other outside sources. It includes your name, street and e-mail addresses, phone number, driver’s license number, Social Security number, date of birth, gender, marital status, type of vehicle, and information about drivers.
- Driver Information: We obtain this from you or from consumer reporting agencies. It includes individual driving records, claims history with other insurers, and credit report information. The information is kept by the consumer reporting agencies and disclosed by them to others as permitted by law.
- Log and Usage Information: We collect information related to your access to and use of the Online Services, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Online Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Online Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may derive the approximate location of your device from your IP address. In accordance with your device permissions, we may also collect information about the precise location of your device. You have the ability to stop the collection of precise location information at any time (see Your Choices below for details).
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Online Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Online Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used in our Online Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see Your Choices below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect directly from you. For example, we may collect information about you from publicly available sources, and if you create or log into your account through a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information, and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect top, maintain and improve our products and services. We may also use the information we collect to:
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions, and customer service requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Thrive Commercial and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (see Your Choices below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Online Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Thrive Commercial and others;
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With vendors, service providers, and consultants that perform services for us, including insurance agencies and brokers, claims representatives, consumer reporting agencies, fulfillment vendors and payment processors;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our terms or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Thrive Commercial or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Thrive Commercial and, to the extent permitted by applicable law, our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that, which cannot reasonably be used by those third parties to identify you without restriction.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
You may update, correct, or delete your information at any time emailing us at the address below, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
When you first launch any of our mobile applications that collect precise location information, you will be asked to consent to the application’s collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of this location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, our mobile applications, or certain features thereof, may no longer function properly. You may also stop our collection of this location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Online Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Thrive Commercial by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE U.S. AND OTHER COUNTRIES
Thrive Commercial is based in the United States and we primarily process and store information in the U.S. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
The Online Services are general-audience sites that are not directed to children under the age of thirteen. If a parent believes that his or her child has submitted personal information to Thrive Commercial he or she can contact us via email or postal mail as listed below. Thrive Commercial will promptly delete the information upon learning that it relates to a child under the age of thirteen.